OAMC Optics is the eyewear division of OAMC, an international contemporary menswear brand founded in 2012.
OAMC represents a harmonious balance between modern aesthetics and innovative techniques. Taking influence from contemporary culture, traditional menswear, functional and rational design, nature, technical innovation, material development, and extensive traditional craft, oamc creates modern menswear for the culture and context of now. Respect for the past is important; notions of re-creating the past are not. OAMC is about the present; what is aesthetically pleasing now; what is culturally relevant now; what is technically possible and valid now.
Luke Meier, creative director/founding partner/designer of OAMC, had a true vision for the brand’s product offering from the outset which included a full range of optics. Luke and OAMC reached out to The Light Co., LTD. director/designer Tommy O’Gara to begin an optical line that reflected the brand’s ethos: high aesthetic consideration merged with functionality and executed in premium materials and construction techniques.
OMAC OPTICAL - X-RAY:
- Squashed round shape carved in the round from 6 mm acetate.
- Top bridge is connected with a custom plated bridge bar
- Silicone injected nose pads
- Hardware is custom plated to create an overall cohesive look to the design
- Lenses are CR-39 custom tinted with UV protection
- VIIV logo laser etched in the top right corner of the wearer’s right lens